Tuesday 20 December 2011

Tacx Vortex Head Unit Error messsage – Boot 0.0.8

Changing the batteries in your Tacx Vortex headunit can leave it stuck in the message “boot 0.0.8” when you press the OK button to turn it on.

How to fix this :

  1. First keep taking batteries in and out until the boot 0.0.8 message is displayed with the unit's serial number.
  2. Then try using the tacxupdate.exe program. First you will get a message when selecting Vortex update: "Vortex initialization is failed.this program has to quit"
  3. Disconnect the USB stick
  4. Try to update again using tacxupdate.exe
  5. Reconnect USB stick
  6. Select the "Skip Detection" option
  7. Then select the firmware update, and click "update"
  8. The process after that is the same as updating the firmware normally.

Don't forget to click on an AD if you found this information useful.
thx,
Gert

2 comments:

  1. hi Gert, where can I get the old tacx exe file from? I have no tacx exe file at all on my computer . My vortex T1962 always is in BOOT 0.0.8 when I turn it on and of course it happened since I removed the batteries when the meter still was on.
    Appreciate your help
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gerda, do you have any solution for this problem til now? I have the same problem here and I cannot find a tacxupdate.exe anywhere on the pc or dvd.

      Delete